7 Machine
Home / BMW

stock rim powder coat?

BMdubs2010-08-18 08:55:47 +0000 #1
i have a 2008 335i e90, i like the stock rims and was wondering if anybody had done powder coat on these rims did you like it and could you post pictures if you have them

www.audi-lease.com/p...40x480/BMW-335i.jpeg
Morpheus2010-08-18 09:05:06 +0000 #2
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMdubs

i have a 2008 335i e90, i like the stock rims and was wondering if anybody had done powder coat on these rims did you like it and could you post pictures if you have them

www.audi-lease.com/p...40x480/BMW-335i.jpeg

Somebody spray painted their stock wheels gunmetal. It looked okay. I have heard that powder coating a wheel can damage the integrity of a wheel if not done correctly. There was a pic of a 350z with a wheel that broke while driving.
Harmander2010-08-18 09:39:41 +0000 #3
I haven't done this myself but I might be soon depending on what set of wheels I get. Heres a thread with the 162 in matte black, I believe they were powder coated but I'm not sure, you'd have to ask the guy that made the thread.

www.e90post.com/foru...wthread.php?t=402555
fdriller92010-08-18 10:05:02 +0000 #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus

Somebody spray painted their stock wheels gunmetal. It looked okay. I have heard that powder coating a wheel can damage the integrity of a wheel if not done correctly. There was a pic of a 350z with a wheel that broke while driving.

Highly unlikely. Unless you go to a guy who does it out of his garage and uses an oven, you shouldn't have problems. To be honest, I would save up and buy a new set. Not many people change the color of stock wheels so you may have a tough time selling them later down the road.
BMdubs2010-08-18 10:46:44 +0000 #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by fdriller9

Highly unlikely. Unless you go to a guy who does it out of his garage and uses an oven, you shouldn't have problems. To be honest, I would save up and buy a new set. Not many people change the color of stock wheels so you may have a tough time selling them later down the road.

the re-sell is defiantly something i need to consider and i actually didnt think of it, thanks for your input

@Harmander- thats the color i was looking for thanks man
JL 325i2010-08-18 10:15:53 +0000 #6
i cant find the thread but iknow someone has changed their wheels to gunmetal by powdercoat

Reply

Name:
Content:


Other posts in this category