7 Machine
Home / Kawasaki

Gas fill

eagleeye762010-08-10 17:15:38 +0000 #1
I've always completely filled my bikes tanks with no issue. With the Brute I can fill my trucks tank with over 20 gal. in LESS time than it takes to completeley fill the Brute to about an inch or two from the top. The gas pump fills it and them cuts out then the gas bubbles settle out and I can seem to put another gal or so in till its up in that neck. This the part that takes so long. Does any one else experiance this? Should I not be doing this or is it just the design?
jctgumby2010-08-10 17:25:10 +0000 #2
Its just the design...The difference in the brute tank and truck tank is the tank length...Because the brute tank is more square, when the fuel sprays out it bubbles up the neck...WIth the truck tank there is more room length wise for the fuel to travel before moving up the filler neck
Polaris4252010-08-10 17:26:44 +0000 #3
What I hate are pumps that the auto shut off are broke or delayed.... B/c truck or brute, you're wearing it home.
eagleeye762010-08-10 18:31:03 +0000 #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Polaris425

What I hate are pumps that the auto shut off are broke or delayed.... B/c truck or brute, you're wearing it home.

That really p's me off!
badazzbrute2010-08-10 17:33:22 +0000 #5
I hear ya, and there is nothing I hate more than wearing gasoline.
nmkawierider2010-08-10 19:02:53 +0000 #6
I fixed mine by pulling the sleeve out and drilling two 1/4" holes at the top on either side and droping it back in. Filling is fast. Makes it easy to over fill it though.
blue beast2010-08-10 20:02:50 +0000 #7
how full is too full. I thought u were suppose to get it level with that plactic thing. sometimes i take that thing out and fill it.
BrutemanAl2010-08-10 18:37:58 +0000 #8
I always take the white thing out when filling it,never had a problem and it is amazing just how much more fuel you can get in it.
filthyredneck08brute2010-08-10 19:23:38 +0000 #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nmkawierider

I fixed mine by pulling the sleeve out and drilling two 1/4" holes at the top on either side and droping it back in. Filling is fast. Makes it easy to over fill it though.

I do believe this will be my next mod...never wouldve thought of something so simple to fix something so aggrevating
nmkawierider2010-08-10 18:57:04 +0000 #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by blue beast

how full is too full. I thought u were suppose to get it level with that plactic thing. sometimes i take that thing out and fill it.

As long as your check valve in the vent line is good, you can fill it to about 1/2" from th top. If after filling it you get gas spurting out of the pod when riding, the check is bad and needs replaced. Probably best keep it a couple of inches down until replaced.
nmkawierider2010-08-10 19:33:04 +0000 #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by filthyredneck08brute

I do believe this will be my next mod...never wouldve thought of something so simple to fix something so aggrevating

Lets the air out of the other side and fills faster. Did that after the third tank-filling. I had had enough already...lol

Reply

Name:
Content:


Other posts in this category