7 Machine
Home / Kawasaki

Kawi brute force 750 vs can am outlander 650

fstang242010-08-10 21:52:56 +0000 #1
Well guys just got home fron a can am dealership, i was checking out the outlander 650 for my bro who is interested in buying one. So i get there talk to the guy he gives me his sales pitch and some details about the quad. Did you guys know the Outty 650 puts out 60hp at the fly, compared to the brute 750's 49.8hp, i kinda just looked at him telling myself are you serious, he was like you can test drive if u want too, i was like sure, i hoped on took it for a spin, i was like wow, this thing has major torque, easily compared to my 750. So i walked out the dealership kinda disappointed in the brute and scratching my head thinking i can only imagine what the outty 800 feels like........ , so my question is does the brute 750 really put out 49.8hp at the fly?
bayou_boy_222010-08-10 21:59:20 +0000 #2
i have rode all three bikes. i can tell you that my opinion iss that they dont have much difference between the 650 and the 800. i still find my brute to be more comfy to sit on.
blue beast2010-08-10 22:01:44 +0000 #3
how much was it? can am usually means big dollars.
DrillersGoDeeper2010-08-10 22:11:51 +0000 #4
don't get me wrong, I loved both my Brutes but they dont hold a candle to the comfy ride of my new Outty 800 Max as far as riding around. As far as the power, I can tell you my 800 Outty has plenty and lots of good torque (71 hp FYI). I haven't gotten to ride it as much as I would usually (kinda short on time after I finally bought it). As far as price goes, you can't beat the Brute Force and there are always plenty of parts around for them too.....lol. sorry, it's the truth!!

The guy at the dealer was telling me the same thing about the Outty 650 having like 10 hp more than the Brute. The 650's are beasts too! I miss my old Brute a little, but everytime I ride the new Outty, I slowly forget about the ol Brute...
Polaris4252010-08-10 23:06:54 +0000 #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by blue beast

how much was it? can am usually means big dollars.

not neccisarily sometimes you can find pretty good deals.
J2!2010-08-10 22:12:17 +0000 #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by fstang24

Well guys just got home fron a can am dealership, i was checking out the outlander 650 for my bro who is interested in buying one. So i get there talk to the guy he gives me his sales pitch and some details about the quad. Did you guys know the Outty 650 puts out 60hp at the fly, compared to the brute 750's 49.8hp, i kinda just looked at him telling myself are you serious, he was like you can test drive if u want too, i was like sure, i hoped on took it for a spin, i was like wow, this thing has major torque, easily compared to my 750. So i walked out the dealership kinda disappointed in the brute and scratching my head thinking i can only imagine what the outty 800 feels like........ , so my question is does the brute 750 really put out 49.8hp at the fly?

Yeah that sounds about right for hp on the brute.. After it goes through the drivetrain you usually loose about 30% of that at the wheels.. So somewhere in 30's at the wheels.. Not sure on the hp numbers on the can-am.. When my motor was a stock 650 motor with bolt-on's, pipe, cdi, etc. it dynoed at 39.5 at the wheels..
fstang242010-08-10 22:53:15 +0000 #7
the 650 outty was going for $8K out the door, 2010 model, was ur base model, but when i got home i took the 2010 brute 750 for a spin and popped a few wheelies easily, and decided i wouldnt trade my brute in for the outty 650, not only that my brute is paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bootlegger2010-08-10 23:01:50 +0000 #8
The Outlander 650 is NICE! I would love to have a Can-Am. With a few small mods the 650 is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!! Add a QSC or Dalton clutch kit and pipe, PC3 and its pretty fast.
fstang242010-08-11 01:48:41 +0000 #9
Bootlegger i will keep that in mind incase i decide to trade it.....lmao
Y2DJ2010-08-11 00:24:48 +0000 #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Polaris425

not neccisarily sometimes you can find pretty good deals.

I definitely agree. When I bought my '07 750 last year I was first thinking of buying a new quad instead. I priced an '08 Brute: $10,999; then I priced an '08 Outty: $10,399. That's with a full 3-year warranty as compared to the 6 months from Kawasaki. I decided to buy a used one instead as this was my first quad and I didn't want to get into that much money. I paid $7000 for my '07 that only had 135Kms on it.
Coolwizard2010-08-10 22:59:45 +0000 #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2DJ

I paid $7000 for my '07 that only had 135Kms on it.

I only gave $7100. for my '10 with 0 miles on it!

Reply

Name:
Content:


Other posts in this category