7 Machine
Home / Mud

buying used questions

azavie2010-08-08 12:17:46 +0000 #1
I have found a bike I'm interested in and am now wondering what all do I need to do to make it fully legal. I have contacted the guy and he says the he does not have the title but would be willing to do a bill of sale.

What is needed to do a bill of sale?

Is this all I need?

Are there certain forms that need to be filled out?

Do they need to be notarized or just signed?

Once I have the bill of sale I presume I just go to the dmv and apply for a new title.

Also this would be in the state of Louisiana.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
phreebsd2010-08-08 12:30:55 +0000 #2
i do not know about louisiana but here all you need is a bill of sale to register something, like a trailer, in your name.

You do not need to register ATV's here.

When you do register stuff, you take the bill of sale to your local tag place and that's all.

they'll asses what you owe based on whut the seller wrote on the bill of sale. putting as little as possible there benefits you greatly. Most people write 1$
650Brute2010-08-08 12:41:43 +0000 #3
I could only google up info for New York State....

Grrrrr, still looking though.

I'd bet you have to get a bill of sale, and maybe apply for a new title. I'm certain they would check the VIN.

My Buddy has an issue now, He lost a title, and is unable to trade in an atv.

I do know, on the Bill of sale it will need:

Date of Sale

Purchase Price

Vin Number

Signatures of both the buyer and seller

Year, make, and Model

Usually on an ATV, the "title" is called a certificate of origin.
650Brute2010-08-08 13:27:41 +0000 #4
Might find what you are looking for on here..




Other posts in this category