7 Machine
Home / Mud

Water Separator/F250

IBBruin2010-08-09 12:25:59 +0000 #1
Anyone know where the water separator's located on an 08 F250 Powerstroke? The waring just came up on my dash and I'm many many miles from home.
walker2010-08-09 12:39:43 +0000 #2
hang on i'll google it for yea
IBBruin2010-08-09 13:02:35 +0000 #3
Thanks, it's hard to do a search and drive. It'd be a shame to break down in Pensacola.
walker2010-08-09 13:16:14 +0000 #4
found this hope its right only difference its for an f350 so should be about right...

It's on the frame rail. There is a little yellow release valve where the frame mounted fuel filter is. It's where the low pressure fuel pump is
IBBruin2010-08-09 13:01:48 +0000 #5
I do appreciate that walker. I'll stop at the next gas station I see and check it out.
FABMAN2010-08-09 12:45:02 +0000 #6
umm when did they change? last I remember the fuel filter is on top of the engine on a powersmoke. under the little plastic cover.
walker2010-08-09 15:22:21 +0000 #7
thats what i was thinkin but all the website said thats where it was .. the info i found was on a powerstroke forum ... hope it was right....
Polaris4252010-08-09 15:23:52 +0000 #8
any word?
IBBruin2010-08-09 14:20:29 +0000 #9
Good news/Bad news

The water separator IS located inside the frame rail almost directly under the drivers seat.

I turned the 1/4 drain and nothing came out. No water, no fuel nuttin.



Other posts in this category